The Passover meal helps us remember the Exodus. Jesus tells us that when we come to the Lord’s Supper we remember Him, his death and resurrection, and we are delivered from sin by His Body and Blood.
- Apr 13, 2017The Exodus The Passover
- Apr 9, 2017Hosanna! Save Us!Apr 9, 2017Hosanna! Save Us!When Jesus rode into Jerusalem, the crowds shouted acclamations of “Hosanna!” which was both prayer and praise. In our worship we bless, pray, and praise the name of the Lord, who comes to be our gracious and loving Savior.
- Apr 2, 2017The Exodus The Whole World in His HandApr 2, 2017The Exodus The Whole World in His HandOur Lord loves using creation in service of redemption. He redeemed Israel in the plagues and redeemed us by sending his Son to become a part of creation. Today, he gives us his grace by sanctifying His elements of creation: the waters of baptism and the bread and wine, body and blood of the Lord’s Supper.
- Mar 26, 2017The Exodus: Who’s In Control Here?
- Mar 19, 2017The Exodus – Pharaoh’s Hard HeartMar 19, 2017The Exodus – Pharaoh’s Hard HeartWhen Pharaoh hardened his heart to God, God decided to use Pharaoh as an example of how destructive our sinful hearts can be. Yet God offers to you and me a new heart, renewed in faith and love towards God and others.
- Mar 15, 2017The Upper Room: One of You will Betray Me
- Mar 12, 2017The Exodus God is the Great I AM
- Mar 5, 2017The Exodus- A Basket Case
- Mar 1, 2017Freed From Sin, Freed For LoveMar 1, 2017Freed From Sin, Freed For LoveThe Israelites were slaves in Egypt, suffering bitter bondage. God heard their prayer and sent them a deliverer. Jesus came to deliver us from slavery to sin, and He freed us to live a life of love.
- Feb 26, 2017An Un-Boxable GodFeb 26, 2017An Un-Boxable God
Peter’s reaction to Jesus’ transfiguration is well-intentioned but tries to put God in a box so he can understand and contain the situation. Sound familiar? But Jesus invites us to let God be God, allowing room for grace, freedom, and even surprise.