Nov 18, 2018
The Greatest Commandment
Jesus spoke against outward acts of piety and religion, and pointed to the relationship that God desires to have with us based on love. God’s love shown to us in Jesus Christ is what allows us to love God and to love others.
- Nov 18, 2018The Greatest CommandmentNov 18, 2018The Greatest CommandmentJesus spoke against outward acts of piety and religion, and pointed to the relationship that God desires to have with us based on love. God’s love shown to us in Jesus Christ is what allows us to love God and to love others.
- Nov 11, 2018What’s Yours to GiveNov 11, 2018What’s Yours to GiveThe widow at Zarephath didn’t have anything, but gave anyways because she realized that she did have something to give, but it meant giving everything. We tend to hold tightly onto what we have, especially in times of trouble. We think about what we can give out of our things. God, however, gives all and desires all.
- Nov 4, 2018Jesus is Preparing a Place for UsNov 4, 2018Jesus is Preparing a Place for UsThe founders of our congregation built a school and church as a house of worship, a place where God comes to us through Word and Sacrament. Ten years ago our congregation built a new church and school to be a house of prayer for all nations. Our earthly homes and church homes are a foretaste of our heavenly home that Jesus is preparing for us in glory.
- Oct 28, 2018The Open DoorOct 28, 2018The Open DoorThe Open Door - Reformation Sunday
- Oct 14, 2018Tech-Wise Family: Fully HumanOct 14, 2018Tech-Wise Family: Fully HumanJesus came so that we might have life to the fullest, and the Spirit of God breathes new life into us. We become fully alive when we live in the restored relationship with God, others, and creation – reconciled in Christ.
- Oct 7, 2018Tech-Wise Family: Something BetterOct 7, 2018Tech-Wise Family: Something BetterThis world offers so many shallow pleasures that can never truly satisfy, and what seems pleasant at the time can actually harm or crush us. God’s Word offers us something better than the momentary temptations – something that truly satisfies for eternity.
- Sep 30, 2018Tech-Wise Family: Cultivating CourageSep 30, 2018Tech-Wise Family: Cultivating CourageIf God is for us, who can be against us? Our identity in Christ places us squarely in the victory that He won of us, and gives us great boldness as we face the world. We cultivate courage in ourselves and our children when we stay grounded in Jesus’ victory.
- Sep 23, 2018Tech-Wise Family: Gift of TimeSep 23, 2018Tech-Wise Family: Gift of TimeTime is a gift from God. We need to have a godly view on the balance of work and rest, and the dangers of imbalance.
- Sep 16, 2018Tech-Wise Family: Wisdom Is SupremeSep 16, 2018Tech-Wise Family: Wisdom Is SupremeIn the information age, we have a vast wealth of knowledge at our fingertips, but wisdom is a rarity. God puts a premium on wisdom that is grounded in the fear and knowledge of the Lord, and that serves as a compass for our daily living in Christ.
- Sep 9, 2018Tech-Wise Family: Everything in Its Proper PlaceSep 9, 2018Tech-Wise Family: Everything in Its Proper PlaceTechnology isn’t necessarily bad, if we discern a godly use for it. Like with so many things, our priorities can get mixed up when life is out of order. When we put God first in our lives, we see how He has given us so many good gifts, and how we can use these gifts to glorify Him and serve our neighbor.