Sep 1, 2019
Through Humility, Freedom
Today’s culture is self-focused. Often as Christians we are drawn into this. We serve our needs first and our neighbor’s last if at all. Jesus reverses this in showing us that through humbling, we are free to love and serve our neighbor.
- Sep 1, 2019Through Humility, FreedomSep 1, 2019Through Humility, FreedomToday’s culture is self-focused. Often as Christians we are drawn into this. We serve our needs first and our neighbor’s last if at all. Jesus reverses this in showing us that through humbling, we are free to love and serve our neighbor.
- Aug 25, 2019The Lord’s DisciplineAug 25, 2019The Lord’s DisciplineWhen we go through difficult hardships in our life, we don’t always see how the Lord’s hand is working for our good. Yet we can be sure of this – God disciplines us for our good, so that we can share in His holiness.
- Aug 18, 2019It’s the Little Things…Aug 18, 2019It’s the Little Things…Jesus compared the Kingdom of God to a mustard seed and a pinch of yeast – things that are very small and yet are growing and pervasive. We see the Kingdom of God in small ways that the Lord works together for a big impact.
- Aug 11, 2019Have No Fear Little FlockAug 11, 2019Have No Fear Little Flock“Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom."
- Aug 4, 2019Look Up!Aug 4, 2019Look Up!Paul tells us to “set your hearts on things above” and look to the Lord for our identity, purpose, and unity. Earthly things can pull us away from Christ and from each other, but our Baptism directs us to look up to Christ and live for Him.
- Jul 28, 2019Who Cares? We Care for the Least of TheseJul 28, 2019Who Cares? We Care for the Least of TheseA Christian community looks after the helpless, the weak, and the needy. This has always been a hallmark of genuine Christianity, as the Gospel sinks in and finds expression in undeserved grace and mercy.
- Jul 21, 2019Who Cares? Why our Beliefs MatterJul 21, 2019Who Cares? Why our Beliefs MatterDoes it really matter what we believe, as long as we are sincere? While saving faith is most important, Jesus still gave us the command to “obey everything I have commanded you.” How ought we regard our Christian beliefs and those of others?
- Jul 14, 2019Who Cares? What does a Caring Congregation Look Like?Jul 14, 2019Who Cares? What does a Caring Congregation Look Like?In the early church, there were spiritual and physical needs of the congregation that the apostles sought to meet. Acts 6 shows how the church could adapt to the changing needs and provide Christian care to their church family.
- Jul 7, 2019Who Cares? We Care for Those Who Protect UsJul 7, 2019Who Cares? We Care for Those Who Protect UsWe are grateful for those who defend our nation in our military and those who protect our communities here at home. They are examples for the sacrificial love that God has for us.
- Jun 30, 2019Who Cares? Why our Actions MatterJun 30, 2019Who Cares? Why our Actions MatterDoes it really matter what I do? God cares about our actions because they both reflect and shape our hearts. That’s why God gives us the Holy Spirit to align our actions with His will.